American Samoa Apostille Service


How to apostille a document issued in American Samoa?

If your document is issued in American Samoa and will be used abroad, an Apostille is required. The Apostille may be affixed to documents bearing the official signature and seal of a currently commissioned American Samoa notary public, probate judge, registrars, or clerks.

Click here to see what should be included in a properly and correctly notarized document.

In America, your original document should be signed and stamped by a local notary public if it’s non-recordable, or certified by a public official (the county/court clerk or registrar) if it’s recordable. Then the Apostille is processed by the Secretary of American Samoa or the Attorney General.

What documents can be apostilled in American Samoa?

Any public, private, or corporate documents issued in American Samoa can be apostilled. These documents include, but are not limited to:

  • Birth Certificates
  • Death Certificates
  • Marriage Certificates
  • Divorce Certificates
  • Court Documents
  • State or Local Background Checks
  • Petition for Name Change
  • Copy of Driver’s License
  • Copy of Passport
  • Single Status Affidavit
  • Affidavit of the same
  • Power of Attorney
  • Diplomas and Transcripts
  • Proof of Income
  • Employment Verification Letter
  • Bank Statement
  • Tax Returns
  • Articles of Incorporation/Articles of Organization
  • Corporate Amendments
  • Company’s Annual Report/Statement of Information
  • Bylaws/Operating Agreements
  • Good Standing Certificate
  • Business License
  • Meeting Minutes
  • Board Resolutions
  • Corporate Stock Ledger
  • Contracts and Agreements

How to obtain vital records in American Samoa?

To get an apostille for vital records, including birth, death, marriage, and divorce certificates for events that occurred within American, you must first order a certified copy of the vital record. The fastest and easiest way is to order it online at VitalCheck, which is authorized by the government to provide vital records for individuals in America.

What if my documents are federally issued?

Federal documents (like FBI Background Checks, Certificate of Naturalization, and Trademarks) are not authenticated at the state level. In this case, the service you’ll need is the Apostille of the U.S. Department of State.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Sign up our newsletter to get update information, news and free insight.

Latest Post